Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BBQ on the Rhein River

Last week a group of friends hosted a BBQ on the Rhein River and it was a great night!  We BBQ'd all sorts of food, just don't ask me what everything was but simply put, it was delicious!!!  In the following photo, Ty is holding a sandwich that Susie and I named a "Suzuki", however, I don't even recall how we came to that conclusion.  Marija, in the yellow t-shirt, put the sandwich together for me and I think it was a cross between Croatian and Hungarian.  All I remember is it was delicious!!!


After I ate and drank all that was possible.  Ty gave me the key to the bicycle and I managed to stagger my way home on the bike.  YES - first time on a bike since I was a kid.  I was pretty wobbley but I made it home safe without any collisions.  All is good in the world and I may consider getting a bike back in Seattle.  It really was fun to ride!  Thanks Ty & Marija!!!

Here is a picture of the group (left to right):  Frank, Susie, Jennifer, Stefan, Sven & Kathryn. 

This really is the best group of people and they are incredible friends!  And with enough pressure from them, I just might take up running!  Oh, and bicycing too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment