Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beer & Brauts!

Friday, July 22 – Went to the Rheinaue, which is a park area next to the Rhein River.  The Bierboerse festival was just starting up.  The Bierboerse is a family event, however, I want to point out that it hosts 800+ beers and has a live music stage.  I arrived just after work and met Birgit, a friend that Sven connected me too.  Birgit is German, however, she lived in Chicago for about 15 years.  She speaks very good English and she promised to guide me to all the good beers.  We spent a few hours there and I had such a great time with Birgit!!!  We hit it off and chatted, drank beer, and laughed.  I also had the best brat that evening – it was soooo delicious!  My shuttle driver also indicated that he thought Duvel beer was the best beer he has tried and I found one, so I had to try one for him.  I managed to try some great beers and then stumbled home from the train. 



No comments:

Post a Comment