Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I can't type!

Okay, so I've come across one thing that I find difficult in Germany.  Would you believe it's the typing?  Yes!  I received a laptop to use in the Bonn office.  And I would like to think that I'm a fairly good typist, however, on the German laptop, they've moved some of the keys around and have added a few more.  I have to admit, I don't adjust well to this keyboard.  The letter Y and the letter Z have been switched.  So, I'm constantly spelling incorrectly now.  This will be fun to switch my fingers around.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. You can always change the keyboard mapping... both Mac and Windows allow you to specify the keyboard layout, and you should be able to change to the US mapping. And then if you want to have the keys match the mapping, you could probably pop the Y and Z keys off and swap them.

    ReplyDelete